Yellow Monkey Studios
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
July 17, 2007
Press / Business Contact:
+45 9119 7422
To make fun games and sport weird moustaches.
Yellow Monkey was setup in mid 2007 out of an urge to create original games in India. They set out to make a point and click adventure for the Nintendo DS and eventually signed up a publisher in Canada. When the publisher went bankrupt in the 2008 financial crisis, they shifted focus to original games on digital download platforms where they could publish their own games.After that
Yellow Monkey has released a bunch of award winning and commercially succcessful games since then, including Socioball, HUEBRIX and It's Just a Thought. They are now working on BLUK, One More Pass and Sky Sutra, along with various collaborators around the world.
NASSCOM interview 2013 YouTube
Casual Connect 2013 Post Mortem - HUEBRIX YouTube
NASSCOM interview 2014 YouTube
There are far more images available for Yellow Monkey Studios, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Nominated for Indie Prize" - Casual Connect, Amsterdam, February 2015
- "Winner of Best Original Idea" - HoPlay, Spain, November, 2011
- "Winner of Indie Prize" - Casual Connect, Germany, February 2013
- "Winner of Game of the Year 2013." - NASSCOM GDC, India, November, 2013
- "Winner of Indie Game of the Year 2013." - NASSCOM GDC, India, November, 2013
- "Finalist for Best International Game." - Freeplay, Australia, December, 2012
- "Finalist for Best Mobile Game." - Golden Satellite Awards, USA, December, 2013
- "The cerebral element to Socioball is superb, and the puzzles are a joy to watch as they unfold."
- Spanner Spencer, Gamezebo
- "Socioball is a new puzzle game that will make you think, get creative, and share your own creations with others."
- Christine Chan, Appadvice
- "This is a well made collection of puzzles, and one that deserves your money."
- Jennifer Allen, 148Apps
- "Everything about Socioball is highly polished."
- Trevor Sheridan, ApplenApps
- "Good mobile puzzle games are typically minimalist with lovely sound effects, and Socioball from India’s Yellow Monkey Studios is no exception."
- Mary-Anne Lee, Games in Asia
- "HUEBRIX is a quiet pleasure – a soothing rainy Sunday afternoon to Super Hexagon’s hedonistic Saturday night."
- Review, Edge Online
- "There’s a lot to love about HUEBRIX. The gameplay is addictive, the controls are smooth and responsive and the music helps calm the nerves, the graphics are simple and have a pixelated retro appeal to them that is enjoyable."
- Review, 148Apps
- "Like a crossword puzzle, it’s about teasing your brain, not pumping your adrenalin."
- Review, Slide to Play
- "The whole casual/hardcore distinction needs putting to rest, perhaps. HUEBRIX is the latest puzzle game that looks casual, but has the potential to develop into a full-blown hours-a-day addiction."
- Release Round-up, The Guardian UK
iTunes Studio Page
Yellow Monkey Studios on itunes.apple.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Founder, Game Designer, Amateur Chef